Wednesday, October 15, 2014

{whatever wednesday}


{Halloween Things:  How to Create a Candy Bar}


I was lucky enough to win Game 1 Playoff tickets through an Instagram contest, thanks to Strange Donuts.  Clearly, I had to go through a ton of donut eating trouble to get those tickets.  With my dad as my date, we rooted on the Cardinals, drank beers, sat in the cold, wandered to the bar, joked around, laughed a lot.  He wanted to leave after the 7th inning (rightfully so, since we were losing), but I may have guilt tripped with the whole, "How often do you get to enjoy a Playoff game with your favorite daughter?!" thing...His response was, "Never." ((sorry, Melissa))  We stayed until the end and although we lost the game, it was great to spend one on one time with Dad.


 {This Quinoa Chili from Last Night}
We've been having a stormy, gross, gloomy week in St. Louis and yesterday, I had had enough.  Craving something hearty to fill the sadness, I decided to give my cooking skills a shot at some Quinoa Chili.  I followed the recipe above, altering the spices a bit, using chili tomatoes.  Also, I think the recipe called for a bit too much onion, half or a third would have done well.  Despite the overly-onion oops, I made enough chili to feed a small village and the craving hit the spot.


{Wednesday Wisdom}


{Song of the Week:  Jason Mraz - Living in the Moment}

No comments:

Post a Comment