1. Weeknight movies. Going to the movie theater can be expensive these days. First you have the upwards of $12 a person per ticket, then you add on extras such as soda, popcorn, candy. There's a few theaters around here that offer Tuesday and Wednesday specials where ticket prices are ONLY $5!!! Some also do Early Bird Specials (if you want to go see a movie before 11 am) with discounted prices. Look into your local theaters and see what they have to offer!
2. Go to a museum or the zoo. Okay, so this one may be a little partial to St. Louis, because our museums and zoo is free here...but for a day of adventure, the fun to be had probably outweighs the cost of admission.
3. Pack a picnic. Picnic-ing is one of my favorite things to do in spring and summer! Pack up some snacks or search Pinterest for picnic-worthy food ideas, grab a bottle of Rose, a blanket and head to your favorite park for an afternoon in the sun (or shade). Just don't forget the bottle opener and cups (rookie mistakes, I know).
4. Brunch date at home. Also, Pinterest is FULL of great brunch ideas...French Toast Casserole, Breakfast Pizza, Eggs Benedict, you know how the rabbit hole of Pinterest works. This is a fun Saturday or Sunday morning or early afternoon date idea and best perk: The mimosas are always bottomless!
5. Enjoy live music without the concert ticket prices. During the spring and summer months, we have a few parks that put on live music concert series for free! You can take your own snacks, drinks and enjoy the music without paying an admission. Also, there's so many breweries and bars that offer live music just about any night of the week, plus you're supporting local artists and businesses so it's a win-win for everyone!
6. Grab coffee and browse the Farmers Market. Pour your home-made coffee into your re-usable cup (saving money and sustainable!) and hit up the farmers market. Just browse to see what there is to offer or treat yourselves to some fresh flowers or locally made jams. The thing about supporting small and local businesses is that your feel good about where your money is going!
7. Take a hike. Find a park near-by that's known for hiking (or even just views, insta-worthy!) and go on an outdoorsy adventure!
What are some date ideas that you have?