Thursday, January 11, 2018

Resolutions and Goals for 2018

Happy 2018, everyone!  A new year, a fresh start, right?  Up until a few days into 2018, I had no set resolutions or goals for this year.  I had a few ideas that had crossed my mind, but nothing that I was really setting out to achieve.  After the go-go-go of the holidays, hosting a New Year's Eve party, and so on, I took a little time to decompress and jot down goals for 2018.


My first, I was going to attempt dairy free 3 days a week.  After 11 days into the new year, I'm pretty sure this is my first day without dairy so far (until I just remembered that I added a splash of milk in my eggs this morning, so I'm back at the beginning).  So, I'm going to aim for dairy free 1x a week until the end of the month, then possibly bump it up to 2 in February...January can sorta be a trial month, right?

In the past, I have considered the whole Dry January thing but never ended up partaking.  It's supposed to be good for your health, weight, cleansing, give you more energy, and all these other benefits that I don't know without Googling (also since I've hit my 30's, I can get some absolutely TERRIBLE think I'm legit going to die hangovers and thought it might be nice to have a month without losing those battles) I decided to attempt this month, but the weekends are a little difficult for me.  I had a few drinks last Saturday so I cheated the whole dry MONTH, but figure significantly cutting back and a few drinks one night a week can't really harm anything.

Also, since we're talking about liquids, a resolution is to DRINK MORE WATER.

For Christmas, I received a Cricut machine so made a set goal of how much I would like to sell per month through crafting.

Another goal is to COOK a meal a week.  Like actually find a Pinterest recipe, go to the store, get the ingredients, and make dinner rather than grabbing a Boca Burger out of the freezer, tossing that in the microwave, adding it to greens and calling it a night.  On Monday, I made some Creamy Tortellini Soup and it was SO GOOD.  Here's the recipe I based the soup off of:  Creamy Tortellini Soup

While we're on the topic of food, another goal is fewer carbs, fried food, and reduce sugar intake.  Sugar is a big pitfall for me...I love sweets but find that when I reduce eating them, the craving goes away.  Focusing on upping fruits and lowering cookies.

I always say I would like to read more so I'm aiming for 1 book a month.  :)

And lastly, but probably most importantly:  Be more present.  Put technology down for a bit.  Spend time with my boyfriend, watching a show or movie, and not look at my phone every few minutes.  Learn to take a break from social media.  Stop getting caught in the black hole that is Instagram and Facebook, scrolling mindlessly for who knows how long through things that don't even really matter...and by doing this, I hope to find the time to accomplish all the things that do matter.

Here's to 2018!  What are your goals and resolutions for this year?

♥ always
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment