Friday, January 23, 2015

Donuts and Whiskey


Happy Friday!  Finally another weekend is upon us and I still have the mini-bash I hosted last weekend on my mind.  Ever since one of my favorite bloggers, Cupcakes and Cashmere, threw a Donut and Whiskey Girls Night event, I have been obsessed with the idea.  Entertaining can get stressful with cleaning, food prep, and so on.  So, the stress-free way to go about it?  Buy donuts and whiskey.

Last weekend, I was finally able to get all the girls together.  I headed to a little independent Donut Shop called Donut Drive-In and picked out a dozen drool-worthy sugar bagels.  After slicing each in to 4 bite-size pieces each and displaying them on a tiered cake tray, I mixed up a batch of my whiskey kick punch {recipe below}.  The girls arrived, we talked, ate, drank, and played Cards Against Humanity.  Which, if you're a CAH virgin, I highly recommend playing, but I will warn you that it's not very "family friendly."




Allison's Whiskey Kick Punch

2 cups whiskey
1 bottle of Riesling
1 liter of ginger soda
Juice of 1 lemon
Sliced oranges

Mix it all together in a punch bowl.  Add the oranges.  Pour over ice.



Now on to the outfit:
Being at home, I wanted to be comfortable.  But who am I kidding, I always like to be comfortable.  I took the barefoot approach and went with a cropped 'LOVE' sweatshirt paired with a cream sequin skirt that I paid a whopping $3 at the Forever 21 discount store in Chicago.




Top:  Forever 21
Skirt:  Forever 21
Bracelet:  Stella & Dot

Happy Weekend!
peace, love, sparkles and flamingos,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment