Can you believe that school has already started back up and that fall will be here before you know it!? And I hate to be a downer, but winter comes after fall so that means the hibernating months are quickly approaching. It can be hard to find the motivation to stay fit when you're bundled up under layers of clothing, but you know what? Spring and summer will be here again after winter so instead of hitting the crunch period to get that summer bod in shape when the time rolls around, why not make fitness more of a priority? Some of you reading this probably already do, and some of you may have the "I'll start tomorrow" mentality.
Personally, I don’t really like getting out of my element at the gym so the thought of attempting a new class makes me quite anxious. I typically stick to what I know and the machines I’m used to. Also, I prefer to workout solo (listening to music or watching Netflix), so my 5-6 workouts a week have a tendency to get a bit repetitive. I try to switch some things up daily (yoga, getting outside, etc). How I stay motivated and working out is because of different apps (and all that “clear your mind” and eat as many tacos as you want stuff). Here I've rounded 5 of my personal favorite fitness-related apps that help keep me motivated and working out regularly all year round. Hopefully it’ll help you out, too!
1. Achievement - Earn money by walking!? Seriously...The Achievement app links to over 20 other apps (Fitbit, Runkeeper, even Twitter, and Foursquare) and tracks your steps, workouts, health-related posts. Once you earn 10,000 points, you receive $10! Cool, right!? If you're interested in signing up, use my link: Achievement
2. Runkeeper - Runkeeper tracks your runs or walks (obvi.), from pace, inclines, calories burned, and so on. The other cool thing about Runkeeper is the ability to manually enter a number of other workouts such as yoga, pilates, elliptical, swimming, spinning, strength training, and more!
3. Charity Miles - This app is really cool because it'll track your steps whether your walking or running, and based on your activity, money gets donated to a charity of your choice! I have chosen the Alzheimer's Association for my steps to be put towards.
The next two aren't necessarily apps but are YouTube channels...which YouTube can be an app so we're still going to count them :)
4. Yoga with Adriene - Yoga with Adriene is a YouTube channel of 400+ free yoga videos taught by Adriene Mishler and my personal favorite. YWA is for beginners to advanced yogis alike, and the classes range from 5 minutes to an hour, so hop on your mat and find what feels good!
5. Tone It Up - Tone It Up is another YouTube channel focusing on fitness with workouts by Karena and Katrina. There are so many metabolism-boosting and sculpting workouts to choose from with TIU so it makes it fun being able to switch it up daily. The workout also start at about 10 minutes so there's really no excuse to not squeeze a little one in daily!
What are some of your favorite fitness apps, YouTube channels, or Instagram accounts to follow that help keep you motivated?
Monday, August 20, 2018
Sunday, August 5, 2018
Normally I stick to a pretty basic wardrobe color scheme: black, white, and gray. I find it easier to mix and match, and you can easily look put together in a neutral. But as of lately, I've been really crushing on this multi-color stripe, "rainbow" trend. Honestly, I think this style inspiration really stems from Taylor's little sequin rainbow number in "Big Reputation". Ever since I laid eyes on it, I'm pretty much like GIVE ME ALL THE RAINBOW AND SEQUINS. So there's that.
Am I wrong to feel like this!? I didn't think so...so I've searched the internet high and low and rounded up what I've found to be my favorite on-trend rainbow inspired pieces that will surely make you smile.
Are you embracing the colorful trend or sticking to a more neutral wardrobe!?
|Image via Marie Claire|
Insert salsa girl emoji here! This rainbow dress makes as many statements as possible! The color palette, ruffle detailing, and one shoulder silhouette makes this dress a no-brainer option for a wedding or backyard BBQ alike.
This vintage cut dress from Modcloth has a more muted, darker color combination that will easily transition into early fall. Pack this number in your suitcase when traveling and you have a no-fuss option to throw on and go exploring during the day. Best of all, it has POCKETS!
Modcloth | Halter Midi Dress with Ruffle Hem
Date night? Dress = Check
This playful number will be the talk of the town...AND it's 50% OFF!
Grab it before its gone! (There are also 7 other patterns and colors to choose from!)
Nordstrom | Surplice Maxi Dress
Heading to Mexico or anywhere with a beach? This cheery kimono sleeve maxi dress is easy to throw on for dinner after lounging (and perhaps sipping on one too many cocktails with cute little umbrellas) by the pool all day :)
Love, Fire | Kimono Sleeve Maxi Dress
Heading out for a night of dancing or perhaps (ahem) to the Taylor Swift concert? This Topshop rainbow sequin bodysuit will have everyone complimenting you with, "YASSS, QUEEN!" all night long.
Topshop | Rainbow Sequin Bodysuit
This jumpsuit just became your new birthday suit because it was definitely designed for celebrating something.
Topshop | Rainbow Sequin Jumpsuit
Every day is Sunday Funday, weekend vibes in this rainbow-printed graphic tee.
Nordstrom | BP. Weekend Graphic Tee
Dress up a tee and jeans ensemble or dazzle in a dress! This spectacular style piece will enhance your day, night, and life!
Modcloth | Life's But a Gleam Statement Necklace
This modern rainbow V-shaped pendant necklace is the ultimate finishing touch to add a splash of color to a little black dress.
Anuja Tolia | Rainbow Pendant Necklace
Chunky crystals radiate from the center of this striking statement pendant necklace.
Hespera Jewelry | Crystal Hoop Pendant Necklace
A colorful yet subtle approach to the rainbow trend with these delicate jewel tone crystal earrings.
Estella Bartlett | Linear Rainbow Stud Earrings
Playful tassel statement earrings are perfect for summer months when you wear your hair up!
Mad Jewels | Dolce Tassel Earrings
Totally on trend are these rimless mirrored lens aviator sunglasses!
Nordstrom | BP. 60mm Oversize Mirrored Aviator Sunglasses
Embrace the hue-heavy accessories with this striped clutch that pairs with pretty much anything!
Modcloth | Take Color Straw Clutch