Monday, August 20, 2018

5 Favorite Fitness Apps That Keep Me Motivated

Can you believe that school has already started back up and that fall will be here before you know it!?  And I hate to be a downer, but winter comes after fall so that means the hibernating months are quickly approaching.  It can be hard to find the motivation to stay fit when you're bundled up under layers of clothing, but you know what?  Spring and summer will be here again after winter so instead of hitting the crunch period to get that summer bod in shape when the time rolls around, why not make fitness more of a priority?  Some of you reading this probably already do, and some of you may have the "I'll start tomorrow" mentality.

 Personally, I don’t really like getting out of my element at the gym so the thought of attempting a new class makes me quite anxious.  I typically stick to what I know and the machines I’m used to.  Also, I prefer to workout solo (listening to music or watching Netflix), so my 5-6 workouts a week have a tendency to get a bit repetitive.  I try to switch some things up daily (yoga, getting outside, etc).  How I stay motivated and working out is because of different apps (and all that “clear your mind” and eat as many tacos as you want stuff).  Here I've rounded 5 of my personal favorite fitness-related apps that help keep me motivated and working out regularly all year round.  Hopefully it’ll help you out, too!


1.  Achievement - Earn money by walking!?  Seriously...The Achievement app links to over 20 other apps (Fitbit, Runkeeper, even Twitter, and Foursquare) and tracks your steps, workouts, health-related posts.  Once you earn 10,000 points, you receive $10!  Cool, right!?  If you're interested in signing up, use my link:  Achievement


2. Runkeeper - Runkeeper tracks your runs or walks (obvi.), from pace, inclines, calories burned, and so on.  The other cool thing about Runkeeper is the ability to manually enter a number of other workouts such as yoga, pilates, elliptical, swimming, spinning, strength training, and more!


3. Charity Miles - This app is really cool because it'll track your steps whether your walking or running, and based on your activity, money gets donated to a charity of your choice!  I have chosen the Alzheimer's Association for my steps to be put towards.

The next two aren't necessarily apps but are YouTube channels...which YouTube can be an app so we're still going to count them :)


4. Yoga with Adriene - Yoga with Adriene is a YouTube channel of 400+ free yoga videos taught by Adriene Mishler and my personal favorite.   YWA is for beginners to advanced yogis alike, and the classes range from 5 minutes to an hour, so hop on your mat and find what feels good!


5. Tone It Up - Tone It Up is another YouTube channel focusing on fitness with workouts by Karena and Katrina.  There are so many metabolism-boosting and sculpting workouts to choose from with TIU so it makes it fun being able to switch it up daily.  The workout also start at about 10 minutes so there's really no excuse to not squeeze a little one in daily!

What are some of your favorite fitness apps, YouTube channels, or Instagram accounts to follow that help keep you motivated?

5 comments:

  1. Charity Miles sounds awesome! I've been trying to get myself to go running for months, this is the perfect app to get me out of the house. I'm gonna go check it out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I’ve never heard of these apps before and love the idea of the charity app. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously love the idea of charity miles! That is awesome! I’m downloading it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are really interesting apps and I'm looking forward to use Achievement and Charity Miles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Yoga with Adriene - she's amazing isn't she? Gonna try a few of these apps too!

    L
    www.l-jeliz.com
    x

    ReplyDelete