Tuesday, September 2, 2014

How to Wear White after Labor Day

White after Labor Day?  Do you dare?  Does it come as a surprise that this debate still occurs?  In my opinion, the "no white after Labor Day" RULE is so passe (and whoever makes these RULES about fashion is just silly to begin with).  And if the rule is a rule, aren't the rules made for the rebellious to break anyways?  Now, I'm just going on a tangent.  Let's see, it's September 2nd and the temperature reads 80 degrees.  Sorry, but I'm not about to break out the fall clothes just yet.
Bottom line:  My summer whites are going to make the most of their days, while they can.

A few tidbits of advice I would give while wearing white after Labor Day:

Avoid:  Linen, lightweight cotton, chiffon, flowy fabrics.  Anything that SCREAMS summer.

Doable but brave:  Eyelet, crochet, lace.  With these fabrics being bolder options for after Labor Day, you have, have, (HAVE!) to be careful what you pair them with.  Don't wear your eyelet top with seersucker shorts, you get my drift?  Do an eyelet dress with a pair of boots and/or fur vest.

Always:  Heavier and chunkier knits, leather, tweed (lace and silk)

What's your opinion on white after Labor Day?

Here are a few ways I would style my whites after summer and well in to fall:

Millie

Millie by missallierae featuring a crop top



Kate



Elizabeth



Meghan




Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment