Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Target Fashion Finds for Fall

Ok, ok, so this isn't breaking news because we all know us women are at Target at least once a week and typically enjoy browsing every aisle.  I love stopping in the dollar spot, perusing the clearance, checking out the makeup, and of course the snacks!...unless I'm forced to go to Target with my boyfriend.  My boyfriend is more the run straight to the paper towels and head to checkout type (insert dramatic eye roll...who doesn't LOVE Target!?)...PLEASE LET ME STOP BY THE WINE SECTION!  But honestly, if I'm not kept on a tight leash at Target, I can spend way too long looking at things I don't really need.  

I've attempted "sticking to a list" at Target ever since the time I went in for hairspray and left with a basket full of random stuff...shoes, ice cream, stuff I didn't need.  The cashier said as she was ringing me out, "Let me guess...this is what you came in for."  She was right.  THE TRICK I've figured out that helps me "stick to the list" is adding things like new nail polish, cute dollar spot home decor, or fun shoes to the bottom.  Gotta check off everything on the list.

We probably all know that Target has been killing the clothing game over the past few years.  5+ years ago, I would ask someone where they got a cute sweater or whatever and they would say Target.  Well, when I would go to Target, I wouldn't be able to find anything I really liked and would leave the clothing section feeling discouraged.  I felt it was a little overpriced for the quality when I could just head to Forever 21 and get a trendier style for less...mind you I was in my mid-twenties at the time.  BUT ever since they started releasing these "capsule collections," I want it ALL!  The quality is high for the pricepoints and the styles are fashionable.

So anyway, my point is you'll want to add these fall clothes and shoes to your list next time you're headed to Target.  With everything ranging from $18-$50, your bank account probably won't notice that "extra little thing" that jumped into your shopping cart. 


So many items you'll find are cropped at this time.  How I tone down the "cropped look" is pairing it with something more high-waisted.  Love how Target layered this cropped sweater over a dress!  Shown in olive, this sweater is also available in that popular shade of millennial pink.


Animal print has made a huge comeback for fall and let me tell you, I AM HERE FOR IT (clapping hands).  This fuzzy sweater is a fresh take on the animal print in a lilac hue and perfect to cozy up in on those crisp fall days.


Stripes are such a classic and I'm crushing on the color combination here!  This crew sweater is also available in a red/black combination.


The chenille trend is giving me major throwback vibes but I couldn't pass up this mustard yellow.  Such a golden shade for fall.  This pullover sweater is available in 5 other colors so there's definitely a hue to suit you!


The plaid pattern popping up all over reminds me of a fresh take on Clueless style.  This wrap dress would look so cute under an oversized knit sweater, ideal for those days when it's 60 degrees in the morning and 90 by noon.


Signs of western style have been popping up and this long sleeve dress would look cute paired with loafers as well as tennies.  Just avoid cowboy boots, might look a little too country.


Any cropped pants will show off a cute pair of shoes and a jumpsuit is a no-fuss option to throw on before Sunday brunch.  This could be layered with a top under it or cardigan sweater over for chillier weather.


More cropped bottoms for cute shoes!  I love how the bold pants can be paired with a basic top for a casual yet fun look.  The pop of blue in the stripe on the side gives them an athleisure look.


Animal print is a neutral that will transform a look from mild to wild and can be styled for a day at the office or a night on the town.


Corduroy will add texture to your wardrobe for fall and is very trasnsitional as the season progresses.  Pair with a graphic tank and ankle boots for early fall, then a chunky sweater and over-the-knee boots for late fall.


This skirt offers everything there is to love...high-low tulip hem, gentle ruffle, tie waist, and in PLAID!


Timeless style and modern minimalism combine with the fashion-forward design of this tweed overcoat.  Add a chunky knit scarf in late fall/early winter, and you'll be wearing this coat through early winter!


Duster kimono jackets look effortlessly cool and are versatile enough for leggings (the famous fall wardrobe staple), sundresses, or a classic white tee and denim look.


Own a pair of mules and they will quickly become your every day go-to shoes.  Seriously, you'll end up wearing more than you would have ever imagined.  These are also available in Cognac!


Almond toe metallic platform loafers will instantly update your wardrobe.  Pair with a skirt or cropped bottoms for an on-trend look.  Also availble in black!


Swap out your summer slides for a close-toe version with these slip-on mules.  These shoes will be a comfortable staple for casual date-nights to running weekend errands.  Shown in rust but also available in gold, cognac, and black so there's a color to match everyone's style.

All images are from Target.com


2 comments:

  1. Target is the best! Love the sweaters.

    https://alliesfashionalley.com/2018/09/polka-dot-lbd/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so cute! Great finds! Target is so easy to shop because there's one basically on every corner!

    ReplyDelete