Saturday, September 1, 2018

Murad Revitalixir Recovery Serum. Does it work?!

Over the past few years, I've really been trying to take skincare more seriously.  I enjoy trying new products to see what works and what I actually notice a difference from.  Skincare products can also be a little intimidating because there are SO MANY OUT THERE and all sorts of different skin types.  When I found out that Influenster was sending me a Murad product, I was beyond excited since I've used their products in the past and knew I liked them.


So often on social media, you'll see people sharing the quote, "Too blessed to be stressed" but if I'm being completely honest, we're all stressed and the last place we want this to show is on our face.  The product I received is the Murad Revitalixir Recover Serum, which is available at SephoraUlta, and Murad.com.  The Revitalixir Serum is a product for face and eyes; it addresses stress-induced aging, revives for a quick pick-me-up, and is good for all skin types.  The serum has little plum-colored spheres inside and it smoothes out stress lines, reduces puffiness and dark circles under the eyes, restores vibrancy right away and over time, boosts softness, and moisturizes.  Basically, this product is said to do it all.

Not to mention it's also free of parabens, sulfates,  and phthalates.



So I put the product to the test.  Ever since my birthday in July, I noticed the lines on my forehead had become increasingly more noticeable.  Maybe it was because I was looking at my face closer, maybe it was because my skin was a little bronzed from summer, maybe it was from aging, but whatever the cause, I became very aware and self-conscious about them.  I started searching the internet for different products to use and then my Murad Serum arrived.


Basically, I immediately fell in love with the product.  My favorite part is that it is used on both your face and eye area (I'm a BIG FAN of multi-purpose things, anything to cut down time and using a product for multiple purposes is a big plus in my book).  Everyone is busy, so not having to fuss with a few different bottles or jars in morning and night is a perk.  Also, lets not forget storage space and traveling!  The scent is very light and pleasant.  The product glides over your face and completely covers with one pump.  The serum also has an iridescent pink shimmer, adding a pretty, natural glow to the skin (which means no need for highlighter if you're in a hurry or if the highlighter makeup isn't your jam).  And the part you've all been waiting for, the lines on my forehead were drastically reduced!


The pricing for the product is a little steep (in comparison to drugstore brands), at $89 a bottle.  But like I said, a little bit goes a long way.  I find that people have a tendency to overuse skin and hair care products when realistically, you only need a small amount.  Expensive products last just as long as inexpensive if you use them correctly.  One pump is plenty to cover your whole face and eye area so the serum will last months.  Also, you're getting a face and eye serum in one so that's half the product you have to purchase.  I'm hands down obsessed with the Murad Revitalixir Recovery Serum and plan to continue using it regularly.

I received the Murad Revitalixir Recovery Serum for testing but all thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment