Monday, December 22, 2014

all that glitters

Traveling typically forces me get creative with my wardrobe.  In my attempts to not over-pack, I try to pack things that will easily mix and match.  The other weekend, my close friend and I visited Chicago.  Since we drove, it was easy-peasy to over-pack (not to mention purchase 10+ items of clothing that I didn't necessarily need to come back with).  Saturday morning, in a slightly hungover state, we debated between whether coffee or a Bloody Mary was more urgent at the time.  In a mad rush due to urgency, I threw on a few items I've had for years in a combination I've never worn before.  Mixing items up brings out that what's old is new and expands your wardrobe immediately (and at no extra cost).

In case you were wondering, our stop included coffee AND Bloody Mary's; the debate's happy ending.


These photos were not taken in Chicago, but I loved the outfit so much that I couldn't resist a repeat offender situation.

Sweater: H&M
Sequin Collar Top:  Forever 21
Biker Boots:  Target
Black Pants:  Joe's Jeans



all that glitters

No comments:

Post a Comment