Saturday, February 8, 2014

Bitter-Sweet

Valentine's Day.  
You either love to love it or you love to hate it...Either way, it's still about love.  I categorize myself as the bah-humbug love-to-hate type when it comes to this overrated Hallmark holiday...a bit bitter, I realize.  Don't get me wrong, hearts are my favorite shape, I enjoy the candy, sparkles, and clever little notes.  I simply feel if you truly love somebody, that should be expressed daily in some form, big or small, whether it's a simple "you look beautiful today," peonies and a favorite pizza on a random day in April, or a date night at that new restaurant in town.  Valentine's Day is just a silly excuse for people to get dressed all fancy, go to an over-priced dinner at a crowded restaurant, eat messy chocolate colored strawberries (while attempting to remain attractive while doing so), and pay an arm and a leg for a dozen roses to be delivered (after all, the flowers will just perish in less that a week anyways).

Regardless of your view of the holiday, you're bound to do something.  Here are some wardrobe ideas for the fancy dinner, night out with the girls, or movie and popcorn at home.

{Darling:  Pretty in Pink}
Darling
Darling:  If your "perfect" Valentine's Day would be catching a rock concert after dinner, the first look is definitely for you.  I mean, who wouldn't adore a sassy pucker printed midriff top and black leather skater skirt pairing?

{Dearest: Lady in Red}
Dearest
Dearest:  La-la-la-Love.  We all know red is the color of the season, so why not dress like the she-devil?  Any of these looks will make that stud-muffin feel lucky to have you on his arm.

{Honey: Cozy Valentine}
Cozy Valentine's
Honey:  This would be my go-to look considering my ideal Valentine's Day would be spent at home with that special someone, a bottle of my preferred poison (vodka), a gourmet cupcake (with sprinkles, duh), an intense Wii session...or all the above with a group of close friends and Cards Against Humanity.  

{Damsel:  Bombshell Vixen}
Damsel
Damsel:  Splendid for dinner, drinks, and dancing with the ladies.  Red and black will always be the sexiest colors (it's a proven fact) and guarantee for that head-turning, jaw-dropping wow factor that will cause the guys to stare.

{Bitter-Sweet}
Still not overly enthused with February 14th?  I couldn't contain my giggles when I stumbled across this gem of a sweater...It just spoke to me, literally.  Want it? Need it?
Buy it here: Go F*** Yourself Sweater 

So long, and Happy Valentine's Day, darling

Find all the other looks here:  missallierae on Polyvore

No comments:

Post a Comment