Monday, January 20, 2014

Hops and Shops

http://rackandclutch.com/

Weekend Roundup:

I had been hearing about these boutiques on wheels (mostly vintage), follow a few on Instagram and had been dying to shop at one.  A day or so after I realized all the things I've missed out on, I saw that Rack + Clutch (The first fashion truck to hit St. Louis) was going to be at 4 Hands Brewing Co.  Being a big fan of the 4 Hands Seasonal Chocolate Milk Stout and never being to the brewery before, I decided brews and shopping would be a pleasant way to spend my Saturday afternoon.  One of my friends decided he wanted to get in on the Saturday fun, so we seized the day.

Rack + Clutch had so very fashionable and affordable merchandise (all under $100) and the owner was very sweet.  Winter markdowns had just been done so I scored a pair of peachy nude skinny pants ($10) and a black high-waisted faux leather mini skirt ($18 and to DIE for):


Upon arriving to 4 Hands, I ordered my Chocolate Milk Stout (after all, shopping can make a girl very thirsty), he went with a flight, we settled in and a few intense games of Connect Four occurred.



After the flight sampling and Chocolate Stout, I went with my next favorite:  The Morning Glory, which is brewed with fresh sweet potatoes, all spice, nutmeg, whole vanilla beans, and aged on Pecan Wood...and oh, so good.  If I remember correctly, the PiPa was the runner up, but it wouldn't hurt to taste test them all again.

Saturday was a great day of "Hops and Shops" and, more importantly, I was able to cover many "new things and experiences" at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment