Friday, October 18, 2013

{five for fall}

Over the past few years, I've come to realize that I love living in the Midwest because you get to experience the changes of all the seasons.  That being said, fall is probably my favorite season, not because of pumpkin everything (which I get so excited about that I have a tendency to over-do it...therefor I'm so over pumpkin before the season is even halfway through) but also because of the cute (not so scary but sparkly) Halloween décor.  So, aside from the majority of America's favorite thing about fall (pumpkin, in case you didn't catch on there and that creepy Zombie kick that I never really caught on to), here's a list of my five fall favorites.

1. OPI Russian Navy.  Ohhhh, beautiful Russian Navy.  I get so pumped EVERY year to bust this sucker out.  I love the dark goth look it gives without being overly dark and gothy.  I almost shed a tear last spring when I had to pack my bottle away (but insisted on using it as an accent nail color well in to spring).

 
2.  Candy Corn.  Yes, I said it.  Let out an "eww" if you must.  I know not everyone are candy corn fans and I can barely get through one bag a season.  Also, I'm not able to eat a bunch without getting a stomach ache which sorta makes it in to one of those love-hate kind of relationships...but yep,  I look forward to candy corn every year...and it looks oh-so-cute at fall festivities and holiday parties.
SEE what I MEAN?  Check out this Halloween Party Mix.
Candy corn, peanuts and chocolate covered pretzels, if you wish. 
So easy and totes cute for the season (even if it doesn't get eaten)

3.  Sweater Weather.  Given.  Throwing on a baggy sweater with skinny jeans or leggings (or shorts when the temps require), my favorite go to look.


Oversized Sweaters

 
 

4.  Fur Vests.  Oh, my beloved fur vest (which actually resembles my dog.  A lot...but don't worry, it's faux),  I love wearing it with everything.  Tank tops and maxis when it's still "fall" here but too warm to wear long sleeves and normal fall attire, layering it over sweaters or flannel during the day, at night it just gives that fun oomph, glam and classy look AND they keep you warm.  WIN-WIN situation right there.  I seriously don't know what I did before it...The possibilities of how to wear a fur vest are actually quite endless and easier to pull off than you might think.  Don't already have a fur vest?  Well, go get you one, girl.  You can thank me later.

Fur Vest:  BB Dakota from Women's Closet Exchange
Sweater:  Parfait (another WCE find)
Boots: Frye (also WCE)
Denim:  Jolt
Far left bracelet and ring: Vintage/Thrifted
Other three bracelets: Stella and Dot
Nails:  OPI Suzi Takes the Wheel and Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous
 
 

Fur vest


5.  Fall Colors.  Leaves Changing.  I presume this is pretty self-explanatory.
Tower Grove Park


Photo Credits:  Nasty Gal, Obaz, Nordstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment