Monday, February 22, 2016

National Margarita Day

It seems like there's a national day for everything nowadays but National Margarita Day is a day I'm down to get down with.  Here are 4 of my favorite St. Louis establishments to sip margs at in no particular order...because they're all awesome.

Mission Taco Joint
There are 2 locations in St. Louis.  Delmar and Soulard.  The Delmar, being the first location, is awesome, great service and bartenders, and in a really hip and fun area of St. Louis.  The Soulard location (also awesome with great service and bartenders) is a renovated garage, so nice days, the garage is open so it's more of a patio vibe.  Also, Soulard is where the 2nd biggest Mardi Gras celebration in the country takes place, so you know it's a cool area.

Regardless of which location you go to, you MUST get a fried Baja fish taco.  All you're going to do is salivate at the mouth until your first bite, be seriously depressed after the last bite, and all I have to say is, "I told you so.  You're welcome."  Also, everything is a la carte so you can get a Baja Fish Taco, a Grilled Chicken Taco, A Carne Asada Taco, a Chorizo Taco and make a whole taco flight out of it!  TACO PARTY SAY WHAT!


Image Source:  Yelp User

Oh, and back to the base of this post.  The margarita is required.  The Oaxacan Firing Squad is also amazing, but don't ask me how to pronounce it.  I say it wrong every single time.

Mission Taco Joint Locations
Delmar
6235 Delmar Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63130

Soulard
908 Lafayette Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63104
  
Chava's
Chava's is also located in Soulard.  What I love about Chavas is the Pomegranate margarita.  My dear friend, Marti, and I thought it was so delicious that we decided to share an entire pitcher of it (silly girls).  Let me say it reallyyy hit us when we stood up :)  They also have Mango Margaritas, Orange Cream Margaritas, Blueberry Margaritas, basically any margarita flavor imaginable.

For food at Chava's, they have an appetizer called Jenas, which are jalapeno halves stuffed with Mexican sausage and white cheese.  SO GOOD.  Also, they have a build your own burrito option, which I'm a big fan of.

Photo Source:  Event Seeker
Image Source:  Foodspotting

Chava's Location
925 Geyer Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63104

Pueblo Solis
Huckleberry margarita.  Now I'm still not sure exactly what a huckleberry is (I had to Google it because the only Huckleberry I'm familiar with is Finn), but it's seemingly a type of fruit that looks like a blueberry.  Regardless, it tastes delicious in margarita form.  The Queso Fundido appetizer is where it's at.

Image Source:  Pueblo Solis 
Image Source:  Pueblo Solis

Pueblo Solis Location
5127 Hampton Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63109

Chimichanga's Mexican Restaurant
Now as far as "cheap Mexican eats," this is for sure a gem.  The recently extended margarita menu includes a peach, which was peach perfection, in addition to their long running Bluesky Lime Margarita.  If you're having a bad day, head to Chimichanga's.  The bright colored, cheery, faux palm tree decorated, always crowded patio is a favorite and will instantly boost anyone's mood.  On your birthday, they'll sing to you, place a colorful sombrero on your head, and make you take a tequila shot while they have everyone's attention.  I know because it's happened to me.


Chimichanga's Location
5425 South Grand Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63111

Also, if you're looking for accessories to celebrate this joyous day, start with some festive feetsies:


{Gypsy Warrior - Margarita Socks}

Happy National Margarita Day!  Where are some of your favorite establishments for margaritas and Mexican food?

2 comments:

  1. I love love love this post, tacos and a margarita is my idea of a great meal, and I am always looking for great new places to eat here in STL. I have heard so many great things about Mission Taco but have yet to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I hope you have a chance to visit Mission soon! They just opened the newest location in CWE!

      Delete